Information for Architects
From the Ecoflap listing on The Code Store:
Code for Sustainable Homes Credits
This airtight letter box can help contribute towards:
- Dwelling Emission Rate (Ene1) Code for Sustainable Homes Credits
Benefits of the EcoFlap
The Ecoflap is a cost-effective, robust and easily-fitted letter box draught excluder. The Ecoflap’s benefits to architects include:
- firmly excluding draughts
- holding back rain and flood water
- eliminating rattling and flapping
- fit and forget – no tradesman or householder training needed
- remaining in service for years with no need for repair or replacement
- allowing postal deliveries through without a hitch
- returning to its vertical position every time
- letter box works completely as normal
- available in white, brown and black
The Ecoflap is effective and unobtrusive, which makes it a dramatic improvement on traditional brush-and-spring letterbox draught excluders.
Draught proofing and energy efficiency
The Ecoflap plays a role in increasing the energy efficiency of your projects, making a direct contribution to draught proofing (anecdotally, to 10 times higher than building standards demand). Elimination of letter box draughts in turn reduces the amount of heating required to maintain a comfortable temperature within a house. As many houses have their thermostat in the hallway, the space most affected by letter box draughts, a more even hallway temperature means the thermostat won’t prompt the boiler to heat up unnecessarily.
The Ecoflap is the ideal partner to standard draught proofing measures and energy monitoring systems.
- we can deliver Ecoflaps direct to your site
- we can work directly with your or your construction team
- we offer bulk terms
- we deliver anywhere in the world
For further information on specifying the Ecoflap and the terms on offer, please get in touch.