The Ecoflap letter box draught excluder
The Ecoflap is effectively discontinued so that we can concentrate resources on producing a front letterplate that will fit a wider range of doors.
It is now replaced by an external letterbox draught excluder, the Letterplate Eco. Here are some early product shots:
Why is the Letterplate Eco better?
The Letterplate Eco works on exactly the same principles, but designed for the outside of your door!
- The Ecoflap was designed to let post through easily while stopping draughts. The Letterplate Eco does the same. This is achieved this through a clever balanced flap that opens effortlessly but closes firm behind itself every time in no airflow, low airflow or high winds.
- Most other letter box draught excluders form a physical barrier to the elements, usually brushes or flaps, that also form a barrier to postal deliveries. These barriers are normally held in place by springs or hinges that can rust and break, but the Letterplate Eco won’t do that.
- Traditional letter box draught excluders can impede deliveries to the point that post or papers are left sticking through the letter box, allowing the wind and rain to whistle through too. Imagine coming back to a chilly, damp hallway if you’ve been out all day. With a Letterplate Eco there is no need for additional draughtproofing.
- The hinges on other letterplates can be so fierce that fingers are nipped as post, papers and leaflet are delivered, but the Letterplate Eco uses its own balanced weight to close so it won’t nip fingers or chew post.
- The Letterplate Eco is designed to work for delivery after delivery after delivery for years.
Do you do a draughtproof pet door?
We have now developed The Petflap, a draughtproof pet door benefiting from the same design principles as the Ecoflap. It’s made in the UK and retails for £69 including VAT.
The Petflap is available in black, white and silver. We will soon be offering a square-edged shape as standard as well as the round model. We can offer bespoke models and come up with solutions to fit a catflap into an awkward space. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements.n
At the moment the Petflap is available only direct from us. You can find out more on our dedicated Petflap site here.